Publishing Gold consists of 5 volumes.
- The Indie Writer's Philosophy—currently available—this book covers the business mindset that will set a writer up for success.
- The Indie Writer's Presence—currently available—how to create a web presence that helps you find and grow your audience.
- The Indie Writer's Phraseology—currently available—a mini-dictionary for indie writers that explains techniques, tools, and terminology common to the industry.
- The Indie Writer's Power Tools—currently available—a short course in HTML and CSS that sets the writer up for success in blogging and formatting the modern epub. While writers may still choose to hire professional formatting artists, this book will help them avoid common headaches and give them the ability to tackle common issues without fear.
- The Indie Writer's Practical Guide to Publishing—currently available—a step-by-step guide to choosing which distributors to work with and preparing the manuscript to meet their requirements.
There is also a bundled version that contains all of them together.
I have updated all 5 books to reflect the changes in the industry and the website changes that take effect in January 2017. Anyone who has purchased the books in the past can download the books again and will receive the updated versions.
Book 5 contains extensive links to a wide variety of distributors, making it unable to be released on Amazon. It is only available through Smashwords and any of their extended distribution venues that choose to carry it.
Links to additional resources are an integral part of this series. For this reason, the series will only be available in electronic formats.
Note: all books were updated in 2018.
How/where do I purchase Publishing Gold?
Excellent point! I'll add links to the post. I should have done that already! Good catch.
The easiest place to buy them - they are only ebooks - is through Smashwords.
I could only release a couple of them, and hence the combined set, through Smashwords because all of the retailers have restrictions on linking to other vendors in the books, and one of the books has links to many different vendors to try and make things easier.
Be forewarned - they need to be updated. Things are always changing and there are a bunch of new options I need to include. I *think* that everyone who purchases the book will get the updated version when I finally get time to do it.